Senior Vice President Global Research and Development
Seasoned product development engineering executive with 15+ years leadership experience in new product development, technical support, strategic business development and manufacturing. Expertise in consumer products from business planning to production. Demonstrated success in building a strong technical cross functional development team that can bring high quality new products to market from initial business planning through to production including concept generation, design specification, 3D CAD review, proof of concept, testing, scheduling, budgeting.
Hands on experience in organizational leadership in a creative team environment involving high volume manufacturing, injection molding, machining, decorating, metal forming while always sensitive to continuous process improvement. Strong management skills proficient in product life cycle management who is consistent in delivering a high volume of new product introductions to mass market leveraging diverse experience in engineering new product development and introduction.
Responsive, passionate and approachable hands-on leader who successfully develops high performing teams – delivering results through mentoring, coaching and effectively influence teams through directional changes within the company’s big picture. Exceptional creativity that inspires innovative new ideas and ensure employee engagement. Motivate based on respect, passion and leading by example.
QUALIFICATIONS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
· Led and scaled an organization in managing a new product development workload resulting in a 700% sales increase; 250+ new products per year contributing over $500 million in sales.
· Successfully built and managed multiple site, cross functional teams to create and develop new product introductions in the juvenile products, infant and preschool toy market segment.
· Inspired and led several technical consumer product innovations in the juvenile products category.
· Led organizational and process changes, collaborating at corporate level with the goal of leveraging Asia resources for new product development across 200+ multi-site, cross-functional team.
· Reduced product development lead-times by 25% and overall department spending by 20% while sustaining a 10% average increase in new projects over a six-year period.
· Championed the implementation of a PLM system across the organization including analysis, development, process and organizational change management.
· Delegate and drive accountability for continuous product, process and cost improvements.
· Improved department efficiency 200%+ by re-structuring the organization by aligning roles and responsibilities with strategic business priorities.
· Cross Functional Team Management
· Analytical Problem Solving
· Continuous Improvement
· Global Management Experience
· Strategic Direction and Vision
· Financial Performance
· Excellent Organizational Skills
· Safety and Litigation Assessment
· IP Legal Review
· Talent Development
· High Volume Global Manufacturing
· Business Strategy
· Microsoft Office Suite