Supply Chain Lead
Muth Mirror Systems
Position Summary/Objective: The Supply Chain Lead is responsible for supervising the Senior Buyer(s), and Buyer(s) and meeting the goals of the Supply Chain department. The overall goals are ensuring adequate raw materials are on hand to meet customer requirements, achieving cost reduction objectives while meeting both inventory turns targets and minimizing the costs of expediting raw material. Longer term objectives of the position are to evaluate suppliers on key criteria; pricing, delivery timelines, quality, and responsiveness. The Supply Chain team must ensure that Muth maintains a world-class vendor base by rewarding new business to suppliers that meet objectives and sourcing new suppliers to replace poor performers. Sourcing new suppliers is a complex process in the automotive industry and requires the ability to work effectively with other departments such as: Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, and Accounting. The Supply Chain Lead should develop expertise in purchasing procedures and processes in order to pursue improvements and efficiency gains in the department, while demonstrating professionalism and leadership in interpersonal relationships with coworkers and suppliers.
• Identify needs and required material specifications to support Muth manufacturing team.
• Execute the global commodity strategies as developed by the Director of PDT & Purchasing as well as the COO/CFO.
• Identify qualified suppliers and maintain supplier relationships.
• Support Buyers to find solutions to supply shortages and delays.
• Negotiate with supplier’s management teams regarding volumes and price strategies.
• Support Supplier Quality Manager to ensure that suppliers balance quality and cost.
• Support the Quality team in the PPAP process and the ongoing quality needs.
• Support Program Management to ensure timely development of new programs with customers.
• Work with the Engineering department on new product introductions, component specifications and modifications and supplier selection.
• Enhance understanding and expertise in automotive and IATF requirements including internal procedures, forms, and work instructions.
• Understand and improve purchasing related processes, strategies, and methods for efficiency gains.
• Negotiate and manage (write, review, recommend changes, etc.) supply, consignment, and safety stock agreements with suppliers.
• Demonstrate leadership, professionalism, and communication skills in department, inter-department, and supplier meetings.
Education, and/or Experience:
• 6+ years of experience in purchasing.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Self-motivated team player able to work with little supervision.
• Proactive demeanor and high sense of urgency.
• Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
• Good analytical and decision making skills.
• A quick study with the ability to recognize and engage in opportunities that will lead to improvements.
• Must be able to work at both strategic and tactical (hands-on) levels.
• MRP skills and some basic accounting knowledge a plus.
• Global business skills a positive (Muth transacts with ~20 countries).