Senior Quality Engineer
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for the Quality Systems that support Muth customer programs from product development through end of service. This role has 2 key components – 1) Responsible for maintaining, communicating, and achieving customer product requirements throughout the entire organization 2) Acting as liaison to customers to focus on PPAP obligations and timely PPAP completion.
1. Supervise and mentor the Product Quality Technician ensuring company rules and policies are met.
2. Provide necessary training and feedback to the Product Quality Technician.
3. Provide task direction and follow-up for completeness.
1. Gather and maintain customer specifications and requirements.
2. Develop and establish product quality strategies, systems, procedures, and tools to facilitate effective PPAP approval through manufacturing.
3. Oversee all quality activities leading to successful development and PPAP approval of Muth products:
a. New Product
i. Prepare and collect documents to ensure on-time delivery of customer Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) packages.
ii. Perform drawing reviews to guarantee customer requirements are addressed or met and product design is feasible.
iii. Complete capability studies and verify customer and internal requirements are met.
iv. Ensure product complies with all applicable customer-specific quality systems and requirements.
v. Confirm FMEAS, Process Flows, and Control Plans address the customer requirements, and all documents draw attention to the customer special characteristics.
b. Changes – design / supplier / process
i. Submit SECRs (Supplier Engineering Change Requests) to the customer, when required.
ii. Propose to the customer what PPAP elements the change would require.
iii. Develop tracking mechanism to ensure change projects stay on track and stay on task.
4. Work with customers on complaints and/or dissatisfaction issues found during the product development process. Communicate issues throughout the organization.
1. Mentor and train PDT team members and other departments, Purchasing, Manufacturing, etc., on ‘Voice of the Customer’ (specification, requirements, expectations).
2. Report on Key Product Development Quality metrics.
3. Monitor new programs and changes to contribute as an effective team member working to meet internal and external goals.
4. Drive continuous improvement activities– identifying needs and working with other team members to improve.
5. Perform other duties as assigned by VP of Program Management and Quality.
6. Follow IATF and any other regulatory requirements.
Education, and/or Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree, preferred and minimum of 10 years of experience.
2. Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple programs and projects simultaneously.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Strong product development and engineering quality skills in a fast-paced environment.
5. Proficient use of Word, Excel and project management software.
6. Mechanical aptitude preferred and automotive experience a plus.
7. Demonstrated experience developing and coaching team members.
1. Product Quality Technician