Muth Mirror Systems
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the electrical aspects of Muth’s products. Responsibilities include reviewing customer requirements and specifications, development of printed circuit boards, prototyping electrical assemblies, validation and evaluation testing, and manufacturing support.
- Demonstrate creativity and ingenuity in applying engineering principles and practices.
- Electrical design for Muth’s products including full design of printed circuit boards.
- Evaluate and select electrical/electronic components
- Program and maintain PCB design layouts and files
- Review customer specifications and assist in responding to product design inquiries.
- Conduct validation testing and light output/correlation studies as needed.
- Create prototypes/customer samples as requested.
- Assist OEM, field sales, and Aftermarket with any electrical/technical support needed.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design and quality problems, and ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes and methods.
- Look for opportunities to re-design standard systems, improving quality and productivity, while reducing costs.
- Stay current in new developments in the automotive industry and electrical design guidelines
Education, and/or Experience:
1. B.S. preferred and/or 3-5 yrs. of related experience or M.S. and 1-3 yrs. experience.
2. Experience in Manufacturing (related to automotive a plus)
3. Experience with Microsoft Office products
4. Effective communicate skills (written and verbal with confidence in making presentations)
5. 2D/3D CAD
6. APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning)
7. Able to use soldering irons safely and process printed circuit boards
8. Effectively use test equipment, such as DMM (Multimeter), Oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.
9. Knowledge of automotive industry procedures and standards (ISO, IPC, SAE, etc.)
10. Familiarity with PCB design software, such as Altium Designer (or similar).
Ability to work independently with good time management and project management skills but also a team player willing to assist in other areas if needed.