Integrity. Quality. Safety.
The world leader in mirror-based LED safety technology.
The Automotive Supplier Quality Engineer – Investigate, analyze and resolve supplier quality problems by
conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects.
1. Work with purchasing to ensure supplier performances are regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective action are implemented.
2. Maintain and update critical supplier audits and schedules.
3. Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination and continuous improvements.
4. Visit suppliers to validate completion of corrective actions and problem solving efforts.
5. Monitor, communicate and improve key supply change KPI’s to suppliers.
6. Establish specific short/ long term supplier quality goals.
7. Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capably of consistently meeting Muth Mirror requirements. Projects may include: process analysis, value stream mapping, process capability and throughput analysis, 6-sigma projects.
8. Asist purchasing is recognizing and purposing steps for improvements in the supply base.
9. Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base.
1. Actively manage suppliers to ensure there are no regressions with the implementation new processes.
2. Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with supplier and customer issues effected by supplier issues.
3. Aide manufacturing in the evaluation and qualification of new supplier materials and defined new product development process.
4. Aide manufacturing in resolving issue found during processing and/or receiving.
5. Aide in providing direction of containment, sorting, and disposition of non-conforming components.
6. Identify and/or support initiative to improve material flow, packaging and traciabity requirements.
7. Issue corrective action and monitor closure of action plans.
8. Support Design Engineering for clarification of design intents and approvals.
9. Develop good communication with manufacturing on supplier specification.
10. Monitor Quality hold area ensuring product is tagged, dispositioned and disposed of properly.
11. Collect and close monthly supplier accums through debit memos.
12. Assist Warehouse on RDR shipping damage and clean up.
13. Follow IATF and any other regulatory requirements
1. Associate’s degree in business related field, or 4 years related experience and/or training in manufacturing environment: or equivalent combination of education an experience.
2. Advanced computer skills using Microsoft office application.
3. Strong problem solving skills
4. Understanding of project management (experience preferred)
5. Most have strong verbal and written communication skills, work well with diverse groups of people and be able function independently of direct supervision.
6. Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and ability to travel abroad.
Please include the name of the position when applying.