Integrity. Quality. Safety.
The world leader in mirror-based LED safety technology.
Under the direction of the Muth Molding Production Supervisor, this individual will be responsible for assisting in injection mold set-ups, general maintenance and support in quality inspections throughout the plastic injection process. The primary focus will be to ensure that the product conforms to specifications, the product is free from defects, ensure there is proper notification of non-conforming and accurately document quality results.
1. Conduct incoming inspection of raw materials, conducting visual and analysis tests and reject and return unacceptable materials;
2. Perform in-process inspection by verifying specifications, conducting visual and analysis tests, and communicating required adjustments to production supervisor;
3. Document inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizing re-work and waste, and input data into a database;
4. Keep measurement equipment functioning by following operating instructions and monitor for repair;
5. Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations;
6. Assist with PPAP samples, perform dimensional layouts and follow verification plans.
7. Perform injection mold setups and insert changes;
8. Troubleshoot and perform general maintenance on the injection molds and equipment;
9. Assist other team members in changeovers and process improvements;
10. Assist in set-ups and changeovers on the secondary operations such as the metalizing machine and de-gating operations;
11. Set up the machine controls, regulate mold temperature, monitor the volume of plastic, monitor molding pressure and time according to standard operating procedures;
1. High School diploma or equivalent; Associate degree preferred;
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
3. Proficient use of Word, Excel and Plex software;
4. Ability to motivate and influence people in a positive manner;
5. Ability to collect data, define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
6. Needs very little supervision to complete daily tasks.