Integrity. Quality. Safety.
The world leader in mirror-based LED safety technology.
The Injection Molding Set-up Technician is responsible for the timely and accurate mold set and startup of molding tools to the predetermined schedule. This includes the routine cleaning and maintenance of all mold tools and molding machines, trouble shooting of process issues as they arise, as well as startup of new tools. This position will also be responsible for keeping up on all required press maintenance for the equipment in the molding department. Additional responsibilities include the startup and operation of the Vacuum Metallizer when needed.
1. Arrive about 30 minutes before shift start and get all molding machines and Vacuum Metallizing presses warmed up and running.
2. Trouble shoot molding issues as they arise.
3. Remove mold from molding machine when order is completed, and set mold for new order according to the schedule.
4. Manage and maintain all programs for the molding processes.
5. Verify dimensions are to check sheet standards on all newly set molds.
6. Cover for operators when they are on break (when needed).
7. Perform routine mold maintenance including cleaning polishing and minor tool repair and replace minor parts or accessories to tooling when needed.
8. Prepare materials, molds and equipment for upcoming jobs on the schedule.
9. Perform applicable preventative maintenance on all MMD machinery. (Daily – Annual)
10. Maintain a clean and safe work environment in the MMD facility.
11. Unload materials from trucks. Inventory and record in PLEX as required.
12. Manage and maintain automation programs for pickers.
13. Setup, operate, and make required adjustments to the Mustang Metallizing process and or press.
14. Manage and maintain programs for Mustang metallizer.
15. Use and understand the PLEX manufacturing software.
16. Perform monthly cycle counts on materials for molding and metallizing
17. Understand how to read and navigate the dispatch list, print jobs, complete jobs, transfer components between facilities, and receive raw materials and components.
18. Participate in tool management and placement.
19. Open and Shut-down plant when needed.
20. Participate in projects
21. Act as backup for Production shift supervisor when needed.
22. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. High School education with 2+ years of related molding experience.
2. Good organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
3. Self-Starter with strong problem solving skills.
4. Proficiency with windows based computer system and ability to learn the PLEX System.
5. Ability to read and work with a calipers and other measuring devices.
6. Forklift certified or willing to become a forklift certified.
7. Willing to become certified in in 1st Aid, CPR, AED, and blood-borne pathogens and serve as a First Responder.
8. Must have a general understanding of basic electrical and mechanical operations.
1. Must be able to work with both hands at a rapid and consistent pace.
2. Must be able to work with tools. (manual and power)
3. Ability to lift and move 50 pounds.