Integrity. Quality. Safety.
The world leader in mirror-based LED safety technology.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for financial planning, analysis and forecasting for Muth Mirrors. The financial analyst will leverage a strong financial and cost accounting background to explore historical financial data, predict future results, drive process and policy improvements and work with senior management to set company-wide investment direction and policies.
1. Sales reporting and forecasting for US and China location, automate/implement within Plex system, update to financial model & reporting package.
2. Prepare margin analysis – analyzing customer, program and OEM profitability.
3. Monthly IATF metrics including PPM, Scrap, R & D spending, DSO, Freight Expense
4. Understand manufacturing costs at all Muth locations, identify trends and make recommendations for improvements.
5. Contribute to customer pricing decisions with financial modeling, overhead rate analysis, new program introduction cost analysis, tooling pricing recommendations, etc.
6. Prepare annual budget and maintain a 5-year financial plan.
7. Develop an in-depth knowledge of pricing/cost trends for new products and program wins to assist with budgeting, forecasts and profitability understanding
8. Analyze capital spending projects and determine ROI and payback for significant projects.
9. Assist purchasing team with inventory and raw material cost analysis projects, including VMI analysis/tracking.
10. Work with manufacturing to develop metrics related to cost of capacity, cost of downtime and to analyze prospective headcount, equipment or floor layout changes for cost improvements etc.
11. Maintain EBITDA covenant calculation files.
12. Work closely with financial team members to assist with month end reporting, projects and year end audit.
13. Other analysis as needed
1. BS Accounting Degree with in depth understanding of Microsoft Excel and financial modeling.
2. 3-5 years work experience as a Cost Accountant or Analyst role.
3. Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
4. Strong communication and time management skills.
5. Computer literacy, MS Excel in particular (familiarity with vlookups and pivot tables).
6. Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information.