Integrity. Quality. Safety.
The world leader in mirror-based LED safety technology.
As a Director of Business Development for Muth Mirror Systems covering Japan, the qualified candidate will be responsible for selling Muth's Active Safety Mirror via on-site visits and weekly communications to Tier 1 Suppliers as well as OEMs. This individual will be responsible for a mix of appropriate activities including prospecting, opportunity management, and closing sales by using a strategic selling approach which include building a comprehensive customer management plan to and executing specific strategies to maximize market share of the Blind Spot Detection Display (BSDD) business. This individual will be supported by Muth’s Senior Management as well as all functioning departments at headquarters in the USA. (Sheboygan, WI) Currently, Muth Company sells its LED based mirrors to 25 Countries as well as supports 30 global OEMs and will manufacturer ~10M million parts in 2017e.
• Learn Muth’s product portfolio and its technical attributes relative to our competition.
• Establish and maintain relationships at outside-mirror departments at Tier I suppliers and OEM organizations. Manage sales pipeline from generation lead to close. Then, hand off program to Program Management Department in the USA.
• Desire to prospect for new business and grow the Japan marketplace for Muth Company.
• Generate and qualify sales leads, determine customer needs, and provide feedback of current and future opportunities at Tier 1 and OEM level.
• Prepare and implement sales account plans, including activity reports and forecasts.
• Understand the competitive landscape in Japan markets and update Senior Management.
• Make use of all relevant information sources and rigorously follow-up and prioritize all qualified leads generated in order to energetically prospect for new business opportunities.
• Customer service to customers including commercial, program management, logistics, purchasing and supplier quality on an as-needed basis.
• Gain access to the appropriate decision makers and manage evaluation processes in order to pursue business opportunities through to a successful conclusion
• Effectively present Muth’s technical/business value propositions to existing and potential customers
• Provide assistance, guidance and information to support other members of the team to achieve the company’s objectives
• An engineering understanding of technical electrical products and 10 years of professional work experience is required.
• Candidates must be willing to travel ~25% of the time. (May require more in first 12 months).
• Understanding of the automotive industry.
• Excellent communication skills with customer and internal organization verbally and written is essential.
• Languages required: English and Japanese (others are a benefit).
• Proactive personality and result-oriented.
• Contacts/relationships within the OEM engineering community a plus.
• Sales Account Manager Experience at Domestic Tier I Mirror Suppliers and Foreign Exterior Mirror Suppliers, such as Magna Mirror, SMR, Ficosa,Honda Lock, Ishizaki Honten, Ichikoh, Murakami.
• Proven success in penetrating major/named accounts and developing new business.
• Proven sales track record in technical sales to the Japan Domestic and JV businesses.
• Excellent team player, works with colleagues in various locations (US, Europe and China) to ensure effective team communications across regions and contributes to the spirit of “TEAM”.
• Business level of written and verbal communication skills required (English).
• Ability and willingness to establish feasible itineraries for other Muth Team members visiting in support of business.
• Engineering and sales understanding: 10 years
• English and Japanese